Since starting my blog here at WordPress in 2010 I’ve done over 100 posts. Recently I decided it was time to backup this extension of my brain to Evernote. (an elephant never forgets) But there is no feature in wordpress.com to facilitate this. Here is how I did it.
Do some google searches on the subject and you’ll find AppleScript to be very useful. I’ve used this post of victorup on evernote discussion forum
- Download NetNewWire v3 at http://netnewswireapp.com/
- Download scripts from victorup (will post altered script below)
- Add “http:// < blog_name_here >.wordpress.com/2013/feed” to NetNewWire*
- Add other years to NetNewWire (see bold year 2013 in previous item)
- Uncheck “After clipping” items in preferences of Evernote as stated in the post of victorup
- Open script folder from Scripts menu in NetNewWire and drop the script in there
- Run Batch_NNW_to_Evernote_1.1 from Scripts menu
- [optional] Pay for Evernote premium to boost upload allowance to 1 Gb. My 120 posts used about 4.5Mb.
* WordPress has limited the items to return in a feed to 50. This is why I used feeds per year.
This backup can be one time or periodically. I’ve setup IFTTT to backup new posts to evernote so that should cover me for future posts.
I’ve edited the original script to set the Created date of the Evernote Note to the post date: altered script