The internet has a lot of services. Most of them have a free or try-for-a-period option. After trying a service I decide about the paid options stay on the free tier or discard it. Below is a list of services I use with the free tier. Some are already featured in my Dev Tool List.
Image courtesy of ratch0013 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- bit.ly, shorten urls and customised urls for better sharing on slides all with stats.
- Dropbox, the file sync platform, use it primarily for sharing documents between devices.
- Freshdesk, self service and ticketing system for small projects.
- Github, personal projects, demo projects, all public. Private stuff is for work.
- Namecheap, the freedns service is free and provides the dns for my domain.
- Opendns, monitor the internet usage for my home network.
- Pocket, save links for later viewing on my iPad or in my browser.
- Rescuetime, log the time I use my computer for optimisation of screen time, am I being productive?
- Spotify, listen to new music with occasional adds.
- Uptimerobot, 3rd party logging of website availability, keep azure free tier websites loaded by sending requests 😉
- Wunderlist, my shopping list, my work todo, my maintenance jobs, my chores, all there.
These are the services I use. Am I missing out on something great? Let met know in the comments.