Every programmer knows the if statement. Now there is a service that provides a visual way of defining the statement called IFTTT.
Gift without the ‘G’
What is so special about that, we all know Visual Programming languages?
IFTTT uses other services as triggers like Twitter, Gmail and YouTube. But also RSS feeds, SMS and dropbox. Every fifteen minutes your channels are polled and when the trigger fires your action is executed.
With 59 channels (on time of post) and multiple triggers and actions for every channel, the possibilities are limitless. Signup it’s free!
Below a list of my triggers so far:
- Use Instagram to update your Twitter profile picture
- Mark Watch Later on Youtube and save it to Pocket!
- Post personal blog entries to Yammer
- Send weekly digest of Lifehacker’s most popular posts to Pocket
- Add new items from an RSS Feed to Pocket
- Get all the updates to IFTTT via email!