I have a Humax iHDR5050 digital reciever at home with an internal harddisk. To get something of the harddisk a FTP connection can be made (USB is limited to files less than 4Gb) but it needs some configuration. Below is my setup.
- Crosswire UTP cable from Humax to my MacBook
- Start FTP server on Humax
- Manual configure IPADDRESS on Humax
- Manual configure IPADDRESS on MacBook ethernet
- (Only first time)In terminal run:
defaults write ch.sudo.cyberduck ftp.command.stat false
(here is why)
- Create FTP connection as image below shows. Make sure Active (PORT) is selected and the browser connection is used on downloading.
A connection with good old commandline ftp works too, but sometimes a GUI is nice. When you use the commandline make sure to use the command “binary” to set the transfer from ASCII to BINARY.