Sometimes I clean up / remove / uninstall to much. During spring cleaning I uninstalled some localdb versions because I have a full SQL Server installation already. After some time I noticed my loadtest in Visual Studio would not start. Apparently I was using localdb for the repository database.
First create a new LoadTest2010 database with the script loadtestresultsrepository.sql. See How to: Create a Load Test Results Repository Using SQL
To change the connectionstring go to Manage Test Controllers in the LOAD TEST menu of Visual Studio. There is the Load test results store.
Everything is operational again, until my next cleanup.